Submitted by Peoples Bank
Reflecting its strong reputation, commitment to customer satisfaction, and high-quality branch services and online experience, Peoples Bank was one of only three banks in Washington state to be named a “Best Bank” in Forbes Magazine’s second annual review of the Best-In-State Banks and Credit Unions.
To create the list, Forbes partnered with independent market research firm Statista to survey more than 25,000 customers in the U.S. about their opinions on their current and former banking relationships. Financial institutions were scored on overall recommendations and satisfaction, as well as detailed questions pertaining to five subcategories. Examples of questions and criteria pertaining to those categories are as follows:
- Trust – The bank keeps its word and delivers on its promises.
- Terms and conditions – Fees and interest rates are transparent.
- Branch services – Business hours are sufficient, parking is available, employees are friendly.
- Digital services – The website is easy to navigate, online banking functionality is good, online loan applications are easy to complete.
- Financial advice – Bankers take the time to learn about my life and financial situation, they point out risks and opportunities, their advice is easy to understand.
Headquartered in Bellingham, Peoples Bank is a locally owned and operated, independent full-service community bank with $1.8 billion in assets. More than 450 employees work at its 23 branches located in Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, Douglas/Chelan, Island, and King counties.