Submitted by PeaceHealth
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month–a time to spotlight the importance of regular screenings and remind community members that PeaceHealth United General Medical Center is home to a Pink Ribbon-Certified Breast Care Suite.
For the month of October, the Breast Care Suite team at PeaceHealth United General is giving every patient who comes in for a mammogram a bag of treats: Lip balm, silicone bracelet, pen, pocket calendar and a pink-frosted cookie. Each patient will also be entered in a raffle to win a $100 gift certificate to Max Dale’s Steak & Chop House.
A mammogram, or X-ray of the breast, can detect changes that may be early signs of cancer that are too small to be felt. The earlier treatment can begin, the better the chances of survival.
United General’s Pink Ribbon-Certified Breast Care Suite offers comfortable diagnostic mammograms and breast cancer screenings using the newest 3D technology. Other advanced diagnostic imaging available at PeaceHealth United General includes:
- MRI: The Siemens mobile magnetic resonance imaging system provides quieter scans, shorter scan times and improved image quality, while also allowing us to bring advanced cardiac imaging to our community.
- CT System: The Siemens Definition Edge 128 slice CT System reduces scan times and radiation exposure; enhances image quality; and enables us to perform CT cardiac imaging, brain perfusion studies for stroke and other procedures.
- Nuclear Medicine: The Siemens Symbia Evo offers superior image quality, reduced scan times, better lesion detection and a larger bore for greater patient comfort.
- Bone Densitometry System (DEXA): The Hologic DEXA machine enables us to assess bone density for potential fracture risk.
- Oncology CT scanner: The Siemens SOMATOM performs quicker scans, resulting in decreased dosage, better image quality and patient breath holds. We also are now able to perform IV contrast studies in the Oncology suite.
We’re pleased to be able to provide our patients state-of-the-art, comprehensive imaging services close to home.
Schedule a mammogram today by calling 360.788.6345.